Friday, January 28, 2011

So, Who or What is Your Muse?

Tiny Dancers
16 x 20 Acrylic
Artist:  Cindy Tauer-Eckart

For years I've tried to force myself  to paint in a realistic style because I love looking at realistic artwork.  But for me its really hard work and its just not much fun, and when your extracurricular activity stops being fun its time to take stock and ask yourself what's the problem?  So, that's exactly what I did, and I came to accept that the reason I paint is for the sheer fun of it and color is my muse!  When I go into the studio I put on my favorite music and then I just wallow in the chosen colors of the day and see what emerges.  I've found that a lot of dancers have been showing up in my work lately, jumping and leaping for joy, and sure enough, that's exactly how I've felt ever since I've started having fun with my art.   Color is my muse and I love her!

3 comments:

  1. I love your work. Very ethereal and creative. Carol Medford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never try to paint realistically... not my thing. I like to draw from ideas in my head. I love color, but my muse has to be everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    I love to dance , so this really appealed to me. Blue is also my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete